Our goal at the Boston Blockchain Association (BBA) is to help bring the Boston blockchain ecosystem together. We believe the more connected Boston’s blockchain ecosystem becomes, the more opportunities will arise for cross pollination, synergy, and growth.
This, in our minds, is the path toward realizing our ultimate vision of establishing greater Boston as an international hub for blockchain innovation.
Whether you are part of a company, institution, university or protocol, whether you’re a seasoned entrepreneur looking to start something new, or a wantrepreneur looking to learn something new – we hope to provide you the support, connections, and resources you need to grow your business and reach your goals.
Still not convinced? Here are a few more reasons you/your organization should join the BBA:
- Resources – We are working hard to compile a long list of Boston Blockchain resources (meetups, events, people, companies, projects, learning material and much more…), all of which will be fully available to BBA members.
- Knowledge / Education – With some of the world’s top blockchain experts in our backyard, you’ll have an opportunity to learn from the very best. Stay tuned for some awesome events we have planned.
- Partnerships – The distributed nature of blockchain as well as its endless variations and applications make developing and building strong relationships and partnerships ever more important. No one can do it alone. When you become a member, you will gain access to an exclusive membership database, as well as find plenty of networking opportunities to connect directly with professionals and companies who might be able to help you.
- Marketing – Between our events, newsletter, blog, and additional channels, we will provide you with many opportunities to share your story and get your solution in front of the right people in our network – whether as a member or a sponsor.
- Hiring – Tap into Greater Boston’s talent pool (rumor has it, some smart people live here…) – whether to find a co-founder or make your next hire. Looking for a job in blockchain? Join our network to talk directly to the source and potentially learn about openings before they are made public.
All that said, the value we bring to the table depends directly on the size of our network, so there are two ways you can get involved:
1. Apply for a membership.
We’ve recently released our Membership Benefits page. As a non-profit lead by volunteers, there are some costs we have to cover.
Membership annual rates are currently as follow:
- Student – $25
- Individual – $100
- Company – $1,000
Rates may go up in early 2019, so hurry while the lower rates last.
2. Explore sponsorship opportunities.
Sponsor an event, our newsletter, or our blog for a chance to get your brand (and value prop) out there. For more info, fill out our Contact Form or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s an ambitious goal, but we believe Boston has all the right pieces to become a global hub for blockchain innovation. So if you are local, interested in blockchain and read this far, you should join. Last but not least, if you’re interested in building blockchain-based solutions to problems, you should join.
2017 was the year of HODL. 2018 was… okay, let’s never speak of 2018 in blockchain again;)
Here’s to 2019 being the year of BUIDL – because that’s the blockchain really needs – more people building useful applications that solve real problems. Not hype, not speculation, not another $2B ICO…Real utility. Real value. Buidlt in Boston.
If you’re passionate about that, you’re already a part of the BBA.